The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss

My review of The Name of the Wind, The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day One can be found here.

The following review contains the tiniest spoilers possible for The Name of the Wind.

----------
Picking up the tale of Kvothe Kingkiller once again, we follow him into exile, into political intrigue, courtship, adventure, love and magic . . . and further along the path that has turned Kvothe, the mightiest magician of his age, a legend in his own time, into Kote, the unassuming pub landlord.
----------

The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day Two) is an excellent  sequel to The Name of the Wind.

It's just as incredibly well written as the first and I loved it. Most of the time. Just like the first book it suffers some very long rather dull paragraphs. Where most authors might just skip a time period saying "time passed, certain stuff happened", Rothfuss tells us what happens every. single. day.

I love Kvothe. He's a brilliant character. I love Kote even more and I can't wait to find out what's going on. We aren't told exactly what, but everything is definitely not as it seems!

It's a gripping book and I had a hard time putting it down. I love the background details, I love the land, I love the history. I love books that are so well made. Thank you Mr Rothfuss! (now hurry up and finish the third and final book. Please.)




994 pages / published in 2011
Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2011

Kommentarer

  1. I'm a new follower. You have a great blog! This book sounds good. I've never heard of it before :P

    SvarSlet
  2. @I Eat Words - thank you so much :)

    SvarSlet
  3. I finally got around to re-reading NOTW so I'm all set to start WMF as soon as well.. I get through a few more books >.< I also don't have quite as much time right now and I want to read WMF in as few sessions as possible *sigh*

    SvarSlet
  4. I LOVE THIS AUTHOR. Amazing. I am anxiously awaiting my delivery so I can tear into the pages as well. This first book blew me away.

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen