Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman


----------
Under the streets of London there's a place most people could never even dream of. A city of monsters and saints, murderers and angels, knights in armour and pale girls in black velvet. This is the city of the people who have fallen between the cracks.
Richard Mayhew, a young businessman, is going to find out more than enough about this other London. A single act of kindness catapults him out of his workday existence and into a world that is at once eerily familiar and utterly bizarre. And a strange destiny awaits him down here, beneath his native city; neverwhere.
----------

Poor Richard grows to fulfil his destiny, and he handles the adventures and people, it brings him, well. The girl, Door, is something special, the villains are wonderful and Neverwhere itself is a place of wonders.

Neverwhere is probably my favourite of Neil Gaiman's books. It's mad and amazing. He handles the bizarre and the abnormal phenomenally, and there is never a slow moment.

If you haven't read any of Gaiman's books before, Neverwhere is great place to start. If you have, but just not this one, I can heartily recommend it.




372 pages / published in 1996
Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2010

Kommentarer

  1. I love Gaiman. My favourite is Stardust, which is such a beautiful book. I haven't read this one yet, but now I want to!

    SvarSlet
  2. Stardust, really? If I were to rate that book I'd barely give it 2 stars :x I was so disappointed when I read it, it feels like a half-finished manuscript. One of the only cases where the film beat the book IMO

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen