The Hulk about Twilight

I just read this and it kind of blew my mind. It's really long and in all caps but he's got a lot of really good points - http://badassdigest.com/2011/11/17/film-crit-hulk-smash-hulk-vs-twilight/

As you probably know I'm a big fan of the books, but he so perfectly explains why - it's the utterly overwhelming infatuation. He explains all the issues and without being condescending his point is basically awareness - we need to be more aware of what we read and how books like Twilight are just empty calories.

Kommentarer

  1. I enjoyed the movie too, but mostly for the fan-girl inside of me. This was a pretty decent critique of the entire series. Thanks for sharing!

    SvarSlet
  2. @BookGeek, definitely, I think you've got to be a fan girl and know the books in order to really be able to follow the films. Though I squeed (and laughed - omg at the wolf scene, nearly fell of my chair from the cheesiness) they did leave a lot of information out and I think for many it would be hard to really understand why the characters behave as they do.
    I was really surprised by the review, I ink he makes a lot of really good points. Things others have stated, but he manages to phrase without stepping on anybody's toes

    SvarSlet
  3. Hi Noia,

    Interesting post by HULK, even if I didn't make it all the way through it. (all caps? Are you kidding me?) Anyway, the tone of it reminded me of a quotation a friend shared with me that compares Twilight and HP:

    “Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend.” 
    ― Stephen King
    :-)
    -Jay

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen