Hello 2012

2012 has not been all that kind to me so far. 2011 ended with me being quite ill on the second to last day and coughing but partying on New Years Eve. I've been coughing and sneezing ever since - it's mainly been dry coughs but finally, thankfully, they're getting more (TMI sorry) slimy which mean it's releasing my lungs and I'll be back on track soon.

In addition to being ill I've been struck by some bad luck the past couple of days. Thursday I went grocery shopping and as I got off the bus on the way home one of the bags broke by the handles and it went crashing to the ground - naturally it was the bag with the eggs in it. Had to carry it home in my arms, begging that the other bag would hold. Later that evening while cooking dinner I knocked over a can of tomatoes and it flooded down behind the stove - you can only imagine how fun that was to clean. To complete the misery yesterday I decided to brave my ongoing cold and went to the gym, planning to run at least 3 km on the treadmill - after 1, I lost my footing and fell (for the first time ever), and bashed my knee, loosing quite a chunk of skin and flesh in the process. I'm telling you, if this accident prone clumsiness continues I'm changing my name to Bella and will start hanging out by the forest expecting Mr Sparkle to turn up at any moment.

I haven't been able to finish even one book so far this year. None of what I'm reading really appeals to me, and considering I've started on 4 different books that says a lot. I had expected Forever by Maggie Stiefvater to be my saviour but honestly it just doesn't do the trick, it's a bit too long and boring, frankly. I'm halfway through and it feels like absolutely nothing of importance has taken place, all the characters are just biding their time waiting for certain doom or something.

I had a couple of reviews lined up, but I never got round to writing them properly and it's now the second Friday in a row where I disappoint. Upcoming reviews are the Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead and Fire by Kristin Cashore. I'll try and do my very best to get one published ASAP.

Have a good weekend :-)

Kommentarer

  1. Darn. Sorry about the spell of bad luck. At least you've managed to keep your humour alive. 2012 has been a slow reading year for me so far as well.

    SvarSlet
  2. Unfortunately I was really bored by "Forever". Maggie Stiefvater did so well in "Shiver", but neither "Linger" nor "Forever" could live up to it.

    Let me know if you're in need/want of an unputdownable book and don't mind ebooks :)

    SvarSlet
  3. @Maria - I have to agree, Shiver was great, but now it's been downhill ever since :(

    I'd love something unputdownable! :D

    SvarSlet
  4. I hope by the time you read this comment, you're feeling better! I think we had the same sickness. I had a nice, racking dry cough, stuffy nose, and lots of sinus headaches all week, right after the bells tolled 2012. Bleah!

    If you need a good book, read THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN. I guarantee you'll love it!

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen