Angel Fire by LA Weatherly

Review of the first book in the series, Angel, can be found here.

----------
Only Willow has the power to defeat the malevolent Church of Angels, and they will stop at nothing to destroy her. Willow isn't alone though. She has Alex by her side - a trained Angel Killer and her one true love.
But Willow will always be a half-angel and when Alex joins forces with a group of AKs, she's treated with mistrust and suspicion. She's never felt more alone... untill she meets Seb. He's been searching for Willow his whole life - because Seb is a half-angel too.
----------

When I started reading Angel Fire my initial reaction was a lot of swearing and disgust over teenagers being oh so in love (I've really turned into such a bitter cynic in my old age... [I'm 23]). However the writing was good and the pacing really good and before I knew it I was halfway through it - and now it was a love triangle. I was ready to puke. But then something interesting happened. Weatherly wrote feelings, actions and consequences realistically and it was marvellous. And other stuff - it's not only about their all consuming love and want to have sweet first time *ahem*. There are also conspiracies and plans to murder angels and stuff. 

The pace sped up and I rushed through the pages eager to get it all and practically flew through the last 200 pages. Kept me up till 1 am, despite work the next day.

As you can read in the summary/back cover and the above stated, it's a show down love triangle with poor poor Willow caught between two utterly gorgeous young men. I don't know why all writers have the need to add a third party to a love story like that. Twilight, The Hunger Games are just a few examples (The Sookie Stackhouse series add in like, a billion). I also don't understand why the girl can't ever fall for the sweet and funny guy who doesn't happen to look like a super model.

Oh well.

It's a really good read, and I'm actually really looking forward to the third (and final?) book in the series, Angel Fever, which may or may not arrive on October 1st 2012.




709 pages/ published in 2011
Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2012

Kommentarer

  1. I've read some varying reviews of this one but I'm curious about it regardless. Am not a big fan of teen love angst but hoping the angel theme will make up for it.

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen