Book Haul #2 - Books from London


I'm home from London and I've got this little stack to prove it :)

As you see, only 2 of the purchased books were on my to-buy-list (#3 and #4); as it turned out Waterstones' prices on their website and in their actual stores are worlds apart. As such, many of my planned purchases were way too expensive and I plan on buying those online some other time. In the mean time though I found a few I couldn't live without (#1 and #2) and a third that I didn't even knew existed (#5).

  1. The Rogue, The Traitor Spy Trilogy #2 by Trudi Canavan
    • It's years and years and years since I read the original Black Magician trilogy and quite a while since I read the prequel The Magician's Apprentice as well as the first book in the series that follows up on the story in the The Black Magician trilogy. Now I've finally got my hands on book number 2 and am really looking forward to hearing more about Sonea's son and the rest of the lot. The big question is whether or not I'll be able to remember who's who and so forth.
  2. The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory
    • One more hopefully awesome book by the utter Queen of  Tudor-related books. This one is not actually about one of the big historical figures but about Hannah Green - a bookseller's daughter whose mission was to spy on Mary for Elizabeth before either became Queen. I'll let you know once I've read it if it's completely fiction.
  3. Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
    • The Bloggess (from thebloggess.com) wrote a novel; she's spent several weeks on New York's Times Bestseller List and I can't wait to start reading this one.
  4. Deadlocked, The Sookie Stackhouse series #12 by Charlaine Harris
    • Second to last in the series (or so I believe) it's time for this to end. The last book was not all that good, and I'm hoping for more in this one.
  5. Bitterblue, Graceling Realm #3 by Kristin Cashore
    • I didn't like Graceling, but I muchly enjoyed Fire. Now it's time for Bitterblue - taking place 8 years after the events in Graceling, I didn't even realise this book was out/being written until I found it on the shelves of Waterstones on Picadilly Circus.

Kommentarer

  1. I think Bitterblue has only just been released so you haven't missed out by much. I think I've read one book in the magician's apprentice series but I'll give it another try knowing you like it.

    SvarSlet
  2. Waterstones is expensive now, I miss the 3 for 2 offers!
    I've heard The Queen's Fool is one of Gregory's better books.

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen