PT - Job & Car

Personal Thursday banner

For today’s Personal Thursday post, I meant to write you a nice little thing about how we do Christmas in Denmark / at our place, but today have been insane. Utterly mental.

How I’d thought it go:
  • Sleep at mom and dad’s place Wednesday night as carpenters would arrive very early Thursday morning to install new window in my apartment
  • Job interview at 11:30
  • Spend until Friday chewing my lip waiting to hear their decision
  • Go home sometime in the afternoon with cat and enjoy new window in apartment

This is how it actually went:
  • Dad (who was at my apartment to take care of things while I was at the interview) called at 8:50 informing me that the master carpenter had royally f’ed up and measured wrong – meaning the window that they had didn’t work. It takes 6 weeks for a new to turn up. Add in Christmas and New Year and make that 8 weeks
  • Generally a bad start to the day, made even worse when an hour later it became clear that the carpenter boss couldn’t care less. 
  • Window was cancelled. Not interested in spending so much money on something I need now and not when winter is almost over. Also, you lose my will to give you money when you treat me bad. This is one of many strikes from his side
  • Off to the interview I went and drove everything else out of my mind
  • Interview went well I think
  • Interview went very well – 3 hours later they called and offered me the job!!! OMG I HAVE A JOB!!! I’M OFFICIALLY EMPLOYED!!! IT’S “ONLY” A MATERNITY COVER FOR APPROX 6 MONTHS AND 31 HRS A WEEK INSTEAD OF FULLTIME (37HRS) BUT I ACTUALLY HAVE A JOB NOW AND CAN WAVE GOODBYE TO UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS!!!!! 
  • Dad noted I’d need a car – we’ve talked about this before. New work (omg work) is 100 km from where I live. Public transport is possible but ugh
  • We found a car online
  • We drove to town to look at said car at a dealership my dad trusts
  • About 45 min later we left again
  • I now also own a car

Like I said insane.

Merry Christmas

Kommentarer

  1. Congratulations on the job! But wow! 100km! Don't envy you that commute. Yes, you definitely needed a car :)

    Sorry about the bad windows boss - that's frustrating as! Wish I could recommend the place I got mine from, but don't think they'd be too interested in a job in Jutland.

    SvarSlet
  2. Awesome! Stort tillykke!!! :D

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen