Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire is the second in the Hunger Games trilogy.

My review of the first book, Hunger Games, can be found here.

WARNING: This review contains spoilers for the first book!

----------
After winning the brutal Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen returns to her district, hoping for a peaceful future. But Katniss starts to hear rumours of a deadly rebellion against the Capitol. A rebellion that she and Peeta have helped to create. As Katniss and Peeta are forced to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. Unless Katniss and Peeta can convince the world that they are still lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying. This is the terrifying sequel to "The Hunger Games".
----------

Another amazing page turner from Suzanne Collins

The districts are on the verge of an uprising against the tyrant Capitol and President Snow. Katniss fears for her life and those around her as she realises that her act of defiance against the Hunger Games - the defiance that saved both her and Peeta, can now get them all killed. The Capitol does not appreciate being outwitted and it certainly doesn't appreciate the growing unrest in the districts. Katniss and her mockingjay become the symbol of rebellion and there's nothing she can do to stop it as she's pulled back into yet another horrendous fight for survival.

Catching Fire isn't as good as Hunger Games, but it comes very close. I couldn't put the book down once I started. To quote my good friend Kiwiria from Goodreads:
>>Suzanne Collins really has a way with words that draws you in, and doesn't let you go again until the last page is turned. The games are so atrocious, the deaths so futile that one can't help but be effected.<<

It was once again so well written, I love Katniss and all the other characters, and I love the story and where it's heading. It leaves us hanging on the most thrilling cliffhanger and I'm absolutely dying to get reading the third and final book, Mockingjay.




472 pages / published in 2009
Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2011

Kommentarer

  1. I just read these too! Awesome!

    SvarSlet
  2. Here on the Friday FOllow. Many of the people in this type of blogging want to be published. Then some of us just want to communicate with others about books, stories, entertainment.
    Stop on by! Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
    Twitter: @fangswandsfairy

    SvarSlet
  3. I am really going to have to read these books. I started the first one and it just made me sad with the whole kids killing kids things. I need to get over that!

    I am now following you from book blogs :)
    http://www.seekread.blogspot.com

    SvarSlet
  4. Hello hello! I skipped through most your review because you did mention that there are some spoilers Hahaha. I chanced upon your site through bookblogs in ning (you gave a very nice welcome). I am happy though that you have reviewed this book because we are currently hosting a Whodunit Reading Challenge and this might just be one of our additional book prizes along with Hunger Games and Mockingjay. I've heard so many great things about this trilogy, I need to get it for myself. =)

    SvarSlet
  5. @Katie - you really should read them, they are brutal but IMO utterly amazing :)

    @Myra - it's a great book, I can totally recommend reading the series :) And my pleasure about the welcome to BB :)

    SvarSlet
  6. Sounds like a really good read. I need to start reading this series. I have no clue what has taken me so long.

    SvarSlet
  7. THis series gripped me and didn't let go! I liked both of them pretty much the same;
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen