Pottermore

I was considering doing a blog post about Pottermore, but before I knew it the owls had all gathered and the countdown reached 3 - 2 - 1 - TADAAA!

... And then that was pretty much it.

At noon (British time) on Thursday the 23rd of June all was revealed. A video of Rowling is now available online where she introduces this new place called Pottermore which is apparently going be some interactive place where you'll be able to experience or re-experience the books and more as well as gain access to information about the books and characters that she's been hoarding all these years. What more is, that at Pottermore you will be capable of buying audiobooks and for the first time ever - e-books of the Harry Potter series.

Now this is all grand and exciting, but - this was it for now. The owls gathered and now they've left again. The actual site doesn't open till October this year. On July 31st (Harry's birthday) apparently some lucky few will gain early access and help shape the start of the community and experience, but all the rest will have to wait.

Though I'll obviously check it out once it's finally online, I can't help but be a little disappointed. So much tension, so much curiosity - and then being told we've got to wait another 3 months?!!


I'm absolutely kicking myself right now that I didn't take some screen shots myself, I was sitting there right at the final seconds and there were so many owls! I loved the graphics they did on this; if you hovered your mouse over the owls they'd shake and preen their feathers and leaves would fall of the tree.

Kommentarer

  1. Even though it's still three more months, I'm still so excited! :)

    SvarSlet
  2. My sister is a huge Potter fan and keeps trying to get me to read the books. I'm your newest follower through Parajunkee's FF. Please visit my site whenever you get a chance.

    http://wowfromthescarfprincess.blogspot.com/2011/06/follow-friday_23.html

    SvarSlet
  3. Hey stopping by from follow friday, great choices & great blog! Looking forward to more posts. Have a great weekend. New follower!

    Darcy @ Open Book Empty Cup

    SvarSlet
  4. Hi There,
    Just hopping through from FF.
    I am a huge HP fan. Loved your review of Evermore. Hilarious.

    Am a new follower. My FF post: The Write Obsession

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen