Crossed by Ally Condie

Book 2 in the Matched series

My review of Matched, book 1, can be found here

----------
The society chooses everything.
The books you read. The music you listen to. The person you love.
Yet for Cassia the rules have changed. Ky has been taken and she will sacrifice everything to find him. And when Cassia discovers Ky has escaped to the wild frontiers beyond the Society there is hope. But on the edge of society nothing is as it seems... A rebellion is rising. And a tangled web of lies and double-crosses could destroy everything.
----------

I struggle to decide what to think of Crossed. On one side it's well written and kept me reading, but on the other not a whole lot actually happens. The amount of pages spent on them wandering around remembering odd fragments and lies trying to decipher what's true and what's an evil plot laid down by Society! Personally I'm not fond of garbled questions to which the answer may or may not lie in the previous books - particularly when the previous book wasn't noteworthy enough for me to remember such details!

The ending bothers me as it goes nowhere, apart from onwards to the third book, you get no resolutions at all; I would have liked for Condie to throw us just a little bone.

I'm now in the situation where I've mostly enjoyed the book, but have lost interest in the series as a whole and am in no any hurry to read the next (though I probably will). Book 3 will be called Reached and is due to published in November 2012 according to Goodreads.







367 pages / published in 2011
Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 201

Kommentarer

  1. I've been a bit reluctant to pick up this series because for the most part I don't really believe in the premise. I think I might do myself a favour and stay away from this one because I get the feeling I might end up having to write one of my negative reviews!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Not even going to try and talk you into reading them, because you're really not missing out on anything. It's all been done/seen before in many books and many do it better. It's definitely readable and I'm not regretting having spent the time on them so far, but it's not like they have enriched my life in any special way.

      Slet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen