BoB Awards 2012

I meant to post this on the 31st, but I got sick shortly after Christmas and basically forgot everything about a lot of things.

So first and foremost HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :D How's 2013 treating you guys? I got sick again. Or possibly I never truly recovered. Mostly I've just felt off, had a nasty cold and dealing with a terribly sounding and feeling cough.

 Being sick at the worst possible time, I'm also struggling along writing my exam paper due Monday the 7th (being sick over Christmas put me back a lot and the schedule is a minimum of 1000 words a day in order to meet the deadline - that's not been a problem though, even sick I love the subject of the paper and it's "easy" to write [it's titled Online Disclosure: When Privacy Boundaries Are Obscured]).

I am still reading loads, managed to read 77 books in 2012 and new goal for 2013 is 75. I know I've been really bad at getting reviews up lately, but December was a bad month for writing those what with two exam papers to write. I will try and get some done once I've finished the final exam paper, but I start writing my Master Thesis this February and I honestly don't know how taxing that will be on my will to write other stuff! Borough of Books will not go down though, I firmly mean to return to it!

So without further ado, here's the BoB Awards

Best new reads of 2012 (5 stars)

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Bridget Jones’ Diary by Helen Fielding
Divergent by Veronica Roth
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson

Closely followed by (4 stars)

The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (#2) by Helen Fielding
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Uglies (#1) Scott Westerfeld
The Passage by Justin Cronin
The Shining / Carrie / Misery by Stephen King
The Queen’s Fool by Philippa Gregory
Angel Fire (#2) by LA Weatherly

Best Series (discovered and begun reading in 2012)

Grave Sight, Grave Surprise and An Ice Cold Grave (Harper Connelly series #1-3) by Charlaine Harris
The Lost Hero and The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus series #1-2) by Rick Riordan

Honorary mentions

Age of the Five trilogy by Trudi Canavan
The Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer
Wondrous Strange trilogy by Lesley Livingston
Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson

Kommentarer

Lån løs på eReolen