Bridget Jones by Helen Fielding

Bridget Jones's Diary (Bridget Jones #1)
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (Bridget Jones #2)


Bridget Jones Diary follows the fortunes of a single girl on an optimistic but doomed quest for self-improvement. Cheered by feminist ranting with her friends Jude. Shazzer and 'hag-fag' Tom, humiliated at Smug Marrieds' dinner parties, crazed by parental attempts to fix her up with a rich divorcee in a diamond-patterned sweater, Bridget lurches from torrid affair to pregnancy-scare convinced that if she could just get down to 8st 7, stop smoking and develop Inner Poise, all would be resolved.

I absolutely adored Bridget Jones' diaries. I've been a big fan of the films since forever and could so very easily picture the perfectly casted actors as the main characters.

The books, as it turns out, aren't exactly like the films, so I didn't know exactly where the story was going and I must say, it only got better. I loved the first film and sort of liked the second, but here the second book was actually really good. The first book was just plain awesome.

They are both incredibly well written and Bridget is such a joy. I could relate to so many (completely bonkers) things and she's just so real. I loved being brought back to the 90's and all those little details that just so clearly shows how far some things have evolved since then (i.e. technology) and how some things are still exactly the same (i.e. dating, paranoia and feelings).

These books had me laughing out loud on several occasions and I adopted a very posh British accent while reading them. I love them and can only urge you to read them too.

ALSO:
A third book is coming! Helen Fielding has confirmed  a third Bridget Jones book is to be published next autumn (2013) this time set in present day London with modern technologies such as Facebook and Twitter providing greater opportunities for social embarrassment.


Bridget Jones's Diary (Bridget Jones #1)
ISBN13: 9780330332774
310 pages / published in 1998
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (Bridget Jones #2)
ISBN13: 9780330433587
422 pages / published in 2004
Reviews by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2013

Kommentarer

  1. I love Bridget Jones too, I've read both books many times. Looking forward to the third installment!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'll most definitely be rereading them too! And I'm so psyched about the third book (and slightly terrified)

      Slet
  2. How amazing are these books. They made me laugh out loud. Can't wait for the next book in the series.

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen