Preparation for the Read-a-Thon

The October Read-a-Thon is almost upon us! In just about 20 days from October the 12th to the 13th a weekend of fun kicks off.

Check out this post if you’d like to participate one way or anothe.

During the last Read-a-Thon in April I read 7 books – a total of 951 pages – and I had so much fun. I can’t wait to read for 24 hours again and participate in one of the most social book-events I know off. I love the interaction that takes place on Twitter and being a part of something bigger.


Official website: Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon

I've started preparing for the event. I've cleared my calendar for the weekend and have ordered a big pile of books home from the library today. I also have a good stack of to-be-reads standing on my bookshelves. I'll show you which I plan to read when the Read-a-Thon begins.

I'll be doing my usual small reviews immediately after finishing a book and will post it on my twitter account Gemmanebi. Borough of Books twitter account will retweet the posts.

I hope you'll join in on the fun!

Kommentarer

  1. Oooh, great idea getting books from the library for the read-a-thon!! I may have to steal that idea :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. haha be my guest ;) I just find it so much easier to get my hands on a lot of books that way, particular ones that aren't 500-1000 pages long (I have too many of those lying around unread already)

      Slet
    2. Exactly!!! I like using the read-a-thon to limit my to-read shelf, but many of those books are just ever so slightly too long. I'll see if I can make it past the local library sometime next week :)

      Slet
  2. Åh jeg glæder mig sådan til det næste Dewey's Readathon. Jeg har også reserveret hele weekenden, og er allerede begyndt at finde en lille bogstak frem; det var så hyggeligt sidste gang, at jeg er fuldstændig hooked igen nu.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Det er altså også bare den hyggeligste form for læseweekend nogensinde :D

      Slet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen