Book Haul #11



A while back I went a bit... nuts, buying books online. After reading Jojo Moyes' Me Before You, Lucy Dillon's Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts, Elizabeth Young's Asking For Trouble and Trisha Ashley's A Winter's Tale I've become quite hooked on the feel-good romance genre and wanted more.

Armed with knowledge from Goodreads I set out adding books to my digital checkout cart and ended up with 8 romance books and a single more serious book - Two Brothers by Ben Elton, recommended to me by a co-worker.

I ended up with 4 books by Trisha Ashley (The Magic of Christmas, Twelve Days of Christmas, A Winter's Tale and Wish Upon a Star). She's quite fond of Christmas it seems!

I also got another by Jojo Moyes, The Last Letter From Your Lover, and one by by Liz Young, A Girl's Best Friend (And I just realised I don't own Asking For Trouble by her, I must rectify this mistake!). Finally I also had to own Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts by Lucy Dillon.


I've listened to all of Camilla Läckberg's books while driving to and from work as mentioned many times before, but because it's quite hard to figure out how far along you are in the book with an MP3 CD I've frequently looked in the physical books at work to figure out the paper number and progress. One day however I discovered my local charity store had 2 of her books for sale for next to no money (the paperbacks) and the I already knew that I could get my hands on a couple of old copies from the library sale. I've got all but 2 of her books (#3 Stenhuggeren og #8 Englemagersken). Depicted are #1 Isprinsessen, #2 Prædikanten, #4 Ulykkesfuglen, #5 Tyskerungen,  #6 Havfruen, #7 Fyrmesteren. Also also - Läckberg has been translated and published in English!

Hidden away in the shadows up in the first two pictures you can also see All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque which I came upon quite remarkably in the charity store as well. I've never read it, but know enough of it to be intrigued.

Kommentarer

  1. "The last letter from your lover" er virkelig også god!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Den glæder jeg mig også rigtig meget til at gå i gang med :)

      Slet
  2. Åh, 'Twelve Days of Christmas' læste jeg i december, og den var SÅ sød! Jeg elskede den på den der helt forudsigelige rosenrøde chick-lit-måde!

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen