The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

Meet Don Tillman. Don is getting married. He just doesn't know who to yet. But he has designed a very detailed questionnaire to help him find the perfect woman. One thing he already knows, though, is that it's not Rosie. Absolutely, completely, definitely not. 

I've recently realized I read a lot of books where I have very little idea beforehand as to what they're about. I know enough to be interested and borrow them from the library/buy them, but I don't read the back-cover and I only glance at the Goodreads summary - mostly I find I'm told way too much in these and I enjoy not knowing what happens 50 pages in, even if the real action or drama doesn't start till after that.

Long story short, this was the case with The Rosie Project - I had no idea what I was getting myself into and I absolutely loved every single page. Don is such a lovable character and it's all just perfectly put together and so very very well written.

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion//Iben Jakobsen

Don is not your typical guy, he's got his very own way of doing things and nobody is allowed to change that - but he's noticed it's high time he marry and dating and making room for another person in his very structured life is not an easy feat. And way too many women waste his time any way, being completely unsuitable. So he invents the Wife Project - and as you can probably guess from the title that leads to the Rosie Project.

I genuinely loved this book and I think if you've read The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time by Mark Haddon then there's a very good chance this book is for you too.

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion//Iben Jakobsen
THE ROSIE PROJECT
by Graeme Simsion
ISBN13: 9780718178123
298 pages / Published in 2013

Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2014

Kommentarer

Lån løs på eReolen