Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

I've reviewed some of the books in the Artemis Fowl series and others not. I have read the entire series, the first four many years back and the final four during the past 9 months. I thought I'd jot down my thoughts about the series as a whole, now that it has come to an end - or at least so I presume.

While the finer details of the earlier books are long forgotten, I do remember I always enjoyed the books. This is a series, that I'll do my best to encourage my own children to read it (you know, if I ever have some).

The writing is fun and engaging, the creativity of the world, culture and history of the fairies and magic is spectacular and I fell in love with both Artemis and Butler from page 1. Holly always was the fierce kick ass heroine and Foaly was just plain awesome. I think I remember either the 3rd or 4th book being sort of dull (or possibly just confusing), but overall the series score 4 stars from me, easily. Quite possibly the 1st was the best, but while the rest may have held somewhat weaker stories, the characters remained fresh and fun and made every book worth the read.


Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl #1)
The Arctic Incident
(Artemis Fowl #2)
The Eternity Code
(Artemis Fowl #3)
The Opal Deception
(Artemis Fowl #4)
The Lost Colony
(Artemis Fowl #5)
The Time Paradox
(Artemis Fowl #6)
The Atlantis Complex
(Artemis Fowl #7)
The Last Guardian
(Artemis Fowl #8
by Artemis Fowl
Published in 2001-2012
Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2013

Kommentarer

  1. I've always meant to try the Artemis Fowl series.It sounds like a lot of fun. Especially since Artemis is meant to be an anti-hero.

    SvarSlet
  2. I wouldn't hesitate to say that this is my favorite book of the series. If you're a fan of Artemis Fowl, this book is a must-read! If you haven't read any of the young Artemis Fowl's adventures, you're missing out! Start from the beginning and read on...you won't regret it!

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen