Slated by Teri Terry

Slated #1

Kyla’s memory has been erased, her personality wiped blank, her memories lost forever. She’s been Slated. The government claims she was a terrorist, and that they are giving her a second chance - as long as she plays by their rules. But echoes of the past whisper in Kyla’s mind. Someone is lying to her, and nothing is as it seems. Who can she trust in her search for the truth?

Slated had me hooked from the very first page. It is very well written and the plot is somehow both simple and yet very interesting. It's probably one of the better dystopian novels I've read in a long time. Particular Kyla's character development stands out - she is such a solid character.

I won't say much, as I don't want to spoil anything, everything is explained so well and in it's own time in the book. I can say though that with the exception of potential love showing up early and brightly, it didn't suffer from the usual YA trap. No extraordinary beautiful people, no mindless teenage love, no whining about their "hard" lives - Kyla has plenty of real issues to deal with!

Also, the dystopian world is actually the future - our future. In other words it's grounded in reality and the lack of science fiction is quite a relief, compared to the many dystopian novels based in fantasy.

I would have rated it 5 stars if it had had a more solid ending. As it is, it gave me nothing but the adamant need to get my hands on the next book!



Slated
(Slated #1)
ISBN13: 9781408319468
448 pages / published in 2012
Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2013

Kommentarer

  1. I pay a visit everyday some web pages and websites to read articles,
    except this weblog offers quality based content.



    My page - wiki.sascha-stettler.ch

    SvarSlet
  2. Den er meget interessant, synes klart du skal give den en chance :)

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen