Holiday!

I'm going to Crete! I'm so excited, I've never been there before (only place in Greece I've been before is Zakynthos (a.k.a. Zante) which is a gorgeous island).

I'm travelling there with my parents and will be gone for a week, basking in the sun, the pool, the nature and the sea :D

Top 3 things I'm most excited about:
  • A 16 km hike through the Samariá Gorge (google image it, it's gorgeous!)
  • The archaeological site of Knossos - Europe's oldest city, home of King Minos & the labyrinth with the minotaur (Crete has a massive cultural history and I can't wait to explore as much as possible)
  • Swimming in the ocean by boat. I don't like beaches and touching the bottom (I'm terrified of stuff I can't see), but I love swimming around when it's 30m deep and the water is crystal clear.
Obviously I can't go on holiday and lie around a pool all day without bringing lots of reading material and I've chosen to bring along these 4:

  • A Lady Cyclist's Guide to Kashgar by Suzanne Joinson (I'm 66% done with this, and depending on how far I get before we leave tomorrow, I may leave it behind, it's not wildly interesting (though it is a good enough book) and I don't want to drag it around)
  • The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
  • The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory
  • Life of Pi by Yann Martel
So there we have a good representation of fiction, YA, historical and fantastic fiction. I would bring something magical or epic, but I don't seem to have one of those lying around (without being 1000+ pages long).

Take care and see you when I get back o/

Kommentarer

  1. Hvor lyder det som en fantastisk ferie, der venter dig forude! Jeg håber, den bliver helt fantastisk :)

    Og sikke en sød video. Du skal virkelig glæde dig til at læse 'Life of Pi', den er så enestående.

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen