Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.
What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.
Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.
What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.

Me Before You blew me completely away. I read far into the night when I started reading it and the following day I struggled to put it down even once (I even spent 45 minutes sitting in the bathroom, wrapped in a towel, ready for a shower, but unable to find a place where I could bear not to read on).

It's a romance novel, which is a genre I very seldom venture into but luck would have it that this is not just a typical romance novel - it's the kind that makes you cry your heart out.

It's definitely the best book I've read so far this year. It pulled me in, it held me tight, and once the last page had been read (and I'd stopped crying) I kept thinking about it for days and days. I'm not quite sure I liked the way it ends, but I think it had a very real ending.

Having read and loved this so much I would definitely like to read more romance novels, but which ones could possibly live up to this one? It's so, to me, incredibly well written and captivating and I fell in love with the love story before the characters even met. Any suggestions?




Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes
ISBN13: 9780718157838
480 pages / published in 2012




Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2014

Kommentarer

  1. I was really blown away by it too :)

    As for recommendations... Perhaps "My Best Friend's Girl" by Dorothy Koomson? Or "P.S. I Love You" by Cecelia Ahern. Both good and untraditional chick-lit.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, I'll check those out :)

      Slet
  2. Åh. Den bog. Den har sat evige tårespor i mig. Jeg elsker den, og den rørte mig.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Ja den var (er!) bare så god :) Glæder mig allerede til at genlæse den

      Slet
  3. I loved this book as well. I read this so quick, just in two days, because it was so fast-paced! I loved it and wanted to read more from Jojo Moyes after.

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen