The BoB Awards 2011

And so 2011 is coming to an end and we're making out way into the dreaded 2012 (if you're supersticious and believe the prophecies at least).

It's been quite a year for me what with buying an apartment and moving out, living on my own for the very first time and getting established. It's been a big experience but thankfully mostly a good one.
I've been single since Easter and though I definitely wouldn't turn down Mr Right I'm also greatly enjoying the company of my friends whom I can bond much more with now that I live so much closer to them all.
I got my Bachelor degree this summer and started right away on my Masters, I'm now almost done with the first semester and things (grades) are looking good.
To my great surprise and joy I got a job just few weeks after applying for one and I'm now more or less financially secure and pleasantly surprised over how many nice coworkers and potential friends I've gotten at IKEA.
I have been a bit slow with BoB ever since the move but my reading is picking up again now and now that I'm finally done writing my final paper for this semester I can focus on getting some reviews written.
All in all it's been a good year and I look forward to the next.

In regards to reading goals, I will once again have a go at the 100+ Reading Challenge in 2012. I made it all the way and above this year, reading a total of 103 - at least, according to GoodReads. According to my own list I've read 106..

It's always difficult to pick and chose between the best reads of the year, but looking at the list, there are really a lot of dystopian novels this year, The Hunger Games, Matched, Insiders, etc. I've also been leaning heavily on the YA novels (which may be why I'm now starting to get desperately fed up with them) as well as some of the more epic fantasy books.



And now for the BoB Awards!
(based solely on the books I've read this year (2011), not on the year they were actually published)

Book of the Year - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Most Awaited Book - A Dance with Dragons by George RR Martin

Best New Idea - Inside Out (Insiders #1) by Maria V Snyder

Best Writing - Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson

Best Series - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Best Epic - The Mistbory Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson

Best Historical Novel - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (okay so it's not historical I suppose, it's a classic. Still, it's awesome)

Best YA Novel - Amber Frost by Suzi Davis

Best Fiction Novel- This Bird Flew Away by Linda M Martin

Best Travelogue - Best Foot Forward by Susie Kelly

Best Mystery Novel - Cedardale Court by Nathan Lee Christensen

Best Character - Shadow from American Gods by Neil Gaiman




*~*~* A Very Happy New Year To You All! *~*~*

Kommentarer

  1. I'm glad things are going well for you with regard to work and university. Moving out is a lot to handle, all the paperwork and changes of address - I did it this year too and won't be moving again for a good few years!

    Happy New Year!

    SvarSlet
  2. We have similar tastes-- I really enjoyed Hunger Games and Amber Frost.
    Happy new year!

    SvarSlet
  3. We have similar tastes! I really enjoyed THG, and I thought the world building in Inside Out was fantastic. My favorite character in Inside Out was Sheepy. So adorable.

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen