Cedardale Court by Nathan Lee Christensen

----------
Cedardale Court is a neo-gothic murder mystery with enough fools and old flames to keep you happily mixed up for most of a long weekend. When Canner Connelly and his daughter, Chloe, move in with their Uncle Henry, and a simple drainage problem turns a normal Sunday morning into a slightly darker affair, it's not easy to tell where everyone might end up, or if they'll even make it at all.
----------

I didn't know what to expect when I started to read Cedardale Court. The author emailed me a while back and something about the way he wrote just that captured my interest. Here was something different.

I've come to love these amazing books that rather than whisk you away into some magical world filled with unicorns and double rainbows, it just gives you life. Ordinary albeit slightly off-the-rocker life. The fact that I've become addicted to crime shows like CSI kinda helped too.

Cedardale Court is about the life of a man and his daughter who suddenly find themselves in the midst of the most weird situation and in the span of just a few days their lives are changed completely. Christensen portrays the different characters magnificently, right from the elders to the mental neighbours. Like some of those films they always release up around the holidays, this book show you the happenings of a bunch of different people and it all ties up neatly in the end. Unlike most of those films, this book does it really well. If I wore a hat I would take it off, instead I'll just recommend this book to you all.

It's really good. Do yourself the favour and read it.




Approx 94000 words (kindle) / published in 2011
Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2011

Kommentarer

Lån løs på eReolen