Readathon progress

Saturday 14:00 -- Let the 24 hour ReadAThon begin!!

UPDATE 14:30 -- So, we're 30 minutes into the readathon and though visiting my parents for the weekend I had expected to just read all day - however mom had some free tickets for a convention on house and home and we all decided to go. It was so not worth it - so dull.

However I have managed to read a fair bit of Ultraviolet by RJ Anderson, I'm on page 177 out of 410 and it's really good! It's no struggle at all to read a lot of it in a short time - in short a great read to start out the readathon with!

UPDATE #2 16:56 -- 59% done with Ultraviolet, got a lot read in the car home.

UPDATE #3 18:43 -- have finished my first ReadAThon book :) 4 stars to Ultraviolet; a very well written paranormal YA book!

UPDATE #4 21:18 -- am 50 pages into Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris and really enjoying it so far. I like her style of writing. Haven't read the back cover though so have no idea what to expect in regards to the plot.

UPDATE #5 01:02 -- it's just past 1 AM now which means the 12th hour of the readathon has just begun. I have just finished my second book and it was a good one. It turned out to be in the crime genre with supernatural elements thrown in to add to the thrill and suspension. I think I'll have to get hold of more books in this series.
For now though, the ReadAThon is over for me for tonight, it's time to get some sleep. To all those brave souls who are staying awake the full 24 hours - I salute you!

UPDATE #6 09:35 -- I'm up and about after a good night's sleep and it's time for breakfast and my third book! I'm reading Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer - it's the 20th hour and I've got less than 4.5 hour to read 369 pages!

UPDATE #7 11:53 -- 71% done with The Time Paradox, quite an easy read

EDIT TO UPDATE 7 - only 52% done, had mistakenly entered 262 rather than 363 when updating the book's details on Goodreads

UPDATE #8 14:06 -- the 24 hour ReadAThon is officially over! I finished my third book just in the nick of time (and now actually suffering a bit of a head ache because of that). Will return later with wrap up post!

Kommentarer

  1. Woot woot! You finished your first book! Keep up the good reading! Go Team Smarties! “So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall.” (Roald Dahl)

    SvarSlet
  2. Ten-Twenty-Thirty
    And now turn some more!
    Forty-Sixty-Eighty
    Turn another score!
    A hundred. A thousand.
    You’re a reader to the core!

    Go, go, go! (Team Smarties)

    Sometimes I think it's better to avoid the back of the book: I have fewer expectations and tend to enjoy the story more. Hope you're having tonnes of fun with the readathon!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Haha that's such an awesome chant! :D thanks for the support!

      Slet
  3. Congratulations!! :) You did great! ;)

    SvarSlet
  4. I also finished my third book just as the clock was running out.

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen