Read-a-thon Warm Up

It's almost time for the Spring Read-a-thon on the 26-27th of April 2014!

For the third time running (I participated last April and October) I'm spending a weekend reading non-stop - I am of course talking about Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon. It kicks off at 2 PM in Denmark (noon in London, 5 AM in LA, 11 PM in Sydney, etc) and lasts for precisely 24 hours.

If you want to spend your weekend reading but also incredibly socially through your blog/twitter/etc. then join up here! (Note that there are 2 sign ups - 1 for you in general and 1 for where you want the cheerleaders to aim their cheers).

You can also sign up to be a cheerleader, donate prizes or host Hourly Challenges :) Personally I'd love to cheer but I just know I'll be so busy reading I can't promise to devote time. I will instead do my very best to have an occasional look at the tag on twitter and give some cheering response to other readers.

--- --- ---

So far throughout the read-a-thons I've read 7 books pr 24 hours.

I've got a few ideas what to read for this one, but nothing is certain yet. I like to have a nice little pile of books lined up in all sorts of genres and lengths so I have something to chose between. I do strive for them all to be easy reads though. I'm gonna go with library books again this year and it's just about time to start ordering them home.

I usually read from the starting time till around 2 AM and then crash for my needed 8 hours of sleep and then carry on reading till the finish time at 2 PM Sunday the 27th. I applause those who manage to read for the full 24 hours, but I know from personal experiences that my body takes a very long time to get back on schedule if I do that and Monday is a work day, so that's a no can do.




Kommentarer

  1. Åh, jeg glæder mig sådan til at deltage og også til at følge dig herinde. Det var SÅ hyggeligt sidst :)

    SvarSlet
  2. Hello Iben! I found your blog thanks to the Read-a-Thon. is my fourth this time! so exited. I hope you don’t mind, but I tagged you for the Liebster award. Please feel free to continue the tag or not.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hi! Thank you so much for the tag, I've stopped posting and passing those on, but I really appreciate it :) see you at the ReadAThon :D

      Slet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen