Readathon Status #4 + mini-review

It's five minutes past midnight and I've just finished my 4th book. I started reading Silver Bay by Jojo Moyes, but found it way too slow and put it back down again. Instead I got started on Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time which sucked me right in and turned out to be an enjoyable fast paced read. It's incredibly fascinating and very well written and from the point of view of an autistic boy - and he's very smart. Not only did I learn and finally understand some mathematical problems I've never been able to wrap my mind around before, but I also think I've learned a fair bit about how life works when you're autistic like Christopher and what you need from the surrounding world.

I'm pretty tired and think I'll just call it a night as I'm rather unsure what to read next anyway, so I'll probably be back in 8 hours time :) Happy reading!


The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time
by Mark Haddon
ISBN13: 9780224063784
272 pages / published in 2003

Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2014

Kommentarer

  1. Wow - 4 books! That's great! Hope to see you again after your "nap". I usually sleep for a bit myself, and try to join in again for the last hour or 2.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'll definitely be back again when I've slept :) If I get up around 8-9 am I still have some 5 hours left to read in

      Slet
  2. I'm always looking for books to help me understand my little brother better. Thanks for sharing!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. My absolute pleasure. I hope it can you some useful insight :)

      Slet
  3. Way to go! So well done that you've managed 4 books already!
    I really adore "The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time" - it's been years since I read it, but it's stuck in my mind :)
    Hope you have a great nap! Og vi "ses" igen i morgen til mere læsning ;)

    #TeamWordsworth

    SvarSlet
  4. I really adored The Curious Incident...as well! Such a great book :) I hope that you had lots of fun with this read-a-thon!

    Happy Reading!

    *Team Wordsworth

    SvarSlet
  5. Sounds like you are doing well, keep it up! #TeamWordsworth

    SvarSlet
  6. Sounds like you had a great readathon! sweet dreams! #teamwordsworth

    SvarSlet
  7. Keep up the great Rah Rah Reading!!


    #teamwordsworth

    SvarSlet
  8. Good job!! :) This is a great book and I love that cover:)

    SvarSlet
  9. It's the final stretch! Sending some cheer from #TeamWordsworth!

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen