Readathon Status #5 + mini-reviews

There's 1½ hours to go of the spring readathon and I've finished my 6th book.

Last night after writing the last blog post I read the children's book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst. I really don't know why, I recall someone online mentioning it as being really sweet, but honestly? It's just a cranky kid having a slightly miserable day.



 Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
by Judith Viorst, Ray Cruz (Illustrator) ISBN13: 9780689711732
32 pages / published in 1987




Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2014



I started reading A Hidden Witch (A Modern Witch #2) by Debora Geary shortly after, but quickly fell asleep with my iPad propped up against the spare pillow. This morning I had a quick look at Twitter and then went straight back to work, and now, some 4 hours later, I've finished it and immensely enjoyed it. It's even more geeky and computer/internet-fixated than the first book (which I won in a mini-challenge in the last readathon!) but this completely bizarre twist on magic and witches makes it all the more enjoyable. Furthermore the warmth and love that this community has for each other actually made my eyes water on several occasions. I can't wait to read more in this series.



A Hidden Witch
A Modern Witch #2
by Debora Geary
ISBN13: 9781937041052
369 pages / published in 2011


Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2014

Kommentarer

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen