Where she went by Gayle Forman

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.
Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.

A while back I read If I stay and it completely broke me. I lay in my bed sobbing uncontrollably into my pillow as I turned the pages. If you haven't read that book you really must.

So how can a sequel even hope to follow in such footsteps?

Where she went actually manages quite nicely. No, it's not as heartbreakingly amazing as the first book, but it does nicely add to the story of what happened then. Some may not feel the need to know, others like me are gluttons for more. Where IIS is written from the perspective of Mia, WSW is from the perspective of Adam. Adam who lost Mia 3 years ago even though she stayed (sorry, spoiler). Adam became a fantastic rock star, but happiness eludes him - and then faith intervenes and guess who he runs into. With just one night to fix things or at least straighten them out, the clock is ticking as Mia and Adam meet once more.

The book is deliciously well written and once more I was pulled in (but I didn't cry over this one). Forman seems to be the kind of author who is a guaranteed good read. But decide for yourself, give it a go.

WHERE SHE WENT
If I Stay #2
by Gayle Forman
ISBN13: 9780142420898
264 pages / Published in 2012

Review by Iben Jakobsen, Borough of Books, 2015

Kommentarer

Lån løs på eReolen