Read-A-Thon Mini-Review #7

With just an hour to go of the Read-A-Thon, I've finished my 7th book. I'm unsure if I'll read any more after this, as I don't think I have anything I'd be able to finish in under an hour. It's been a great run though and I've read 1086 pages which I'm very happy about.

The Call of the Wild by Jack London

I read White Fang a few years back which in many ways is the reverse story of The Call of the Wild. In one a wild wolf joins humanity, in the other a domesticated dog is forced to become a wild raw primitive thing and eventually joins his brethren in the wild.
London does a great job describing the story through the eyes of the beast in a way where you both empathize with Buck and understand how he thinks things work but also in a way where the reader, as a human being, can understand what the dog cannot. It's a brutal story with both bloodshed and heartbreak and it left me wanting to hug my babybrother of a Golden Retriever (as he does not live with me but with my parents, I tried to hug my cat instead. She bit me.)



129 pages (ebook) / published in 1903
Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2013

Kommentarer

Lån løs på eReolen