Read-A-Thon Wrapup

Mini Challenges - A Readathon tradition!

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Probably hour 11 or 12. I was tired, it was hard concentrating on reading and I wasn't too comfortable on my couch. I kept on reading till the very end of hour 13 (2-3AM) though as I found new energy once I was curled up in bed with my book

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?I can only speak for myself here as everybody has very different taste in books. I prefer shorter or easy reads as I think I'll be demotivated being stuck with the same book for too long. The longest book I've read during a Read-A-Thon was The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, which is 307 pages long. I won't really attempt to list any specific books, I can only recommend you look through your bookshelves, virtual or physical, to-be-read lists and see what strikes your fancy. If you wish to do like me, choose books that are short or you know to be easily read. Don't be afraid to reread. Books are brilliant and many stories and characters deserve to be revisited.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Honestly, no. I live in my own little bubble during the Read-A-Thon. I'm too busy reading usually to participate much in the many challenges and must admit I barely read the official hourly posts. I write my mini-reviews and I keep Twitter up-to-date on my progress and mood. I do enjoy the many comments on both my blog and Twitter and make the time to answer and engage.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Again, I don't really have any comment of the official happenings. Personally I'm happy with how much I read, particular since I failed to get my hands on very many books I hadn't read before and thus felt I lacked a bit of material (all my unread books are mostly very very long and not suited for this).

5. How many books did you read?
I read 7 books in total



6. What were the names of the books you read?
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
 I think perhaps it's a draw between The Uncommon Reader and Artemis Fowl.

8. Which did you enjoy least?
Either The Canterville Ghost or War Horse. But both are good books still.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
More cheering? I don't know, I have no clue if those that commented or tweeted me were cheerleaders or not, so I can't really say anything about their performance. Regardless, I think it's awesome anybody is willing to cheer on the readers. Well done you!


10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I'm definitely participating again, I love it! I'm mostly likely just going to be a reader once more, because I'm selfish like that. I love having an entire weekend just dedicated to reading. I read a lot regardless, but I haven't watched TV or Youtube throughout the entire 24 hours, all my entertainment stems from what the books feed into my imagination.

 ---

With 8 minutes to spare  of the 24 hours I post this now and say thank you to all those who participated in the Read-A-Thon. It's my favourite book-ish event and I love the atmosphere on Twitter, everybody cheering each other on, making new friends, finding new book bloggers or readers, etc. It's just fantastic.

Kommentarer

  1. Congratulations on such an awesome finish! I'm interested in checking out the Canterville Ghost ... it seems like an appropriate read this time of year :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you :) It's definitely a Halloween-suitable book!

      Slet
  2. Congrats on the 7 books finished!

    SvarSlet
  3. I really liked The Canterville Ghost...well almost all Wilde are good for me.

    SvarSlet
  4. Thanks so much for your feedback! I've had several years where I hardly did any Tweeting or engaging. Just read! We appreciate your participation however you participate! --Andi, Organizer

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen