The Fault in Out Stars by John Green

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.
Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning author John Green's most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love.
Goodreads Choice Awards winner 2012 in the category "Young Adult Fiction".

The Fault in Our Stars took me completely by surprise. I did not expect to be drawn in like that or react so strongly.

In many ways it's complete bullshit. Overly smart and articulate teenagers who expresses emotion in a way I know for sure I didn't think off at that age - a common issue it seems when so-called smart adults write teenage characters.

But that doesn't matter here. This book is about life and ever present death and dealing with it. Living life to the fullest while you have the chance. Falling crazy stupid in love and dealing with that too. Somehow going on adventure even though your body is giving up on you.

This book made me laugh and it made me cry and words fail me now in telling you just how much I think you should read it too if you haven't already.




The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green
ISBN13: 9780141345659
316 pages / published in 2012




Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2014

Kommentarer

  1. I haven't had a chance to read this one but I'm not surprised about the style of writing. It's def something a reader can get over though. I might pick this up next time I'm sick of my YA dystopians.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yeah you definitely learn to ignore the writing and the story in this one is very good

      Slet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen