A Reckless Witch by Debora Geary

With great power comes great responsibility. So says the tradition of witching. One teenage witch missed that lesson…
As a child, Sierra Brighton traveled the world. She swam with the baby whales, danced in storm funnels, and lived in complete magical freedom. And then Momma died and Sierra ended up in foster care, an unhappy and very secret witch.
Fetched by Nell's spell, she'll no longer need to do magic on lonely beaches - but can Sierra learn to use her power safely? Or will her reckless blood put Witch Central at risk?

Having finished my other go-to feel-good series I'm now relying heavily on Debora Geary to fill that void and boy is she doing a good job. Every single book I read by her is no shorter than a regular book, but I read them in less than half the time - I cannot. put. them. down.

Despite my promise to myself not to speed through them and only read one pr. month I'm currently 3 books behind on reviews with this series ... I kind of broke my promise one day.

A Reckless Witch introduces new girl Sierra, who's lived alone and cut off from the witch community and the rules of safety all her life, but thanks to the fetching spell she's now in safe hands, but with lots to learn. The story is well written and basically oozing warmth and love and though it's not a literary piece of art it's sooo good. Feel-good.

As usual an immense amount of things happen all concluding with a BIG event that requires BIG magic/love, but you never really worry as a reader. You know right from previous books that this is feel-good literature and that nothing truly bad will happen. You might shed a tear once or twice, but that's more because of sad back-stories or something incredibly moving. I think if Geary ever did something shockingly brutal in these books I'd go into shock.

So, once again, the A Modern Witch series get my seal of approval. Great stuff, be prepared to get addicted.

A RECKLESS WITCH
A Modern Witch #3
by Debora Geary
ASIN: B006E22IXU
304 pages / Published in 2011

Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2014

Kommentarer

Lån løs på eReolen