Read-a-thon 2013 #3

Going strong, I've just finished my third book :) We're halfway through hour 6 now, and I've been reading for approximately 4.

Yet another Gaiman book has been read, this time Coraline. I love love LOVE the animated stop-motion film they made of it and really looked forward to reading the original story. Like most film adaptations the stories differ, but whilst I think I like the film better, the book was still really good. Coraline's strength and courage is so powerful and yet so innocent. The characters were possibly even more creepy than in  the film (but the showdown less of a battle than in the film). All in all I'm thrilled I've finally read it and can only encourage others to do the same.



Coraline
by Neil Gaiman 
ISBN13: 9780747562108
185 pages / published in 2002
Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2013

Kommentarer

  1. Sounds like you are having an amazing readathon! I hope that you continue down that path!

    SvarSlet
  2. You're doing awesome...keep it up! Happy reading!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, I'm having so much fun :)

      Slet
  3. Wauw! Sikke dog mange gode bøger, du får læst.

    Jeg har selv udviklet en intens Gaiman-kærlighed på det seneste, og "Coraline" er virkelig en vidunderlig historie. Jeg elskede dens helt unikke særpræg og dysterhed - og du har helt ret; den er virkelig kuldegysfremkaldende creepy.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Jeg har i forvejen læst mange af hans bøger og elsker hans helt unikke stil. Det har været så fedt at læse de tre her af ham og se hvor gennemsyret dygtig han er :) Coraline er noget helt specielt, ja!

      Slet
  4. I've not seen that cover art for Coraline before, I really like the style of it. :)

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen