Read-a-thon 2013 #6

I've just finished "books" 6 and 7. They hardly count as books as one is a single chapter rewritten by the author from another character's point of view and the second is a tiny short story set between a couple of books from the series.

I think this will be my final post about the readathon for now. There's less than 30 minutes to go of the 24 hours and I'm ready to take a shower and relax my eyes a little. It's been really fun participating again and I've had the honour and pleasure being cheered on by some amazing people. To my great surprise I've even won a prize (unsure what yet, will let you know when I know), as I was one of the lucky winners of hour 15! :)

And now to the mini-reviews:

First up was Free Four (Divergent #1.1) by Veronica Roth. I wish I'd known about this one back when I'd just read Divergent, as it gives a better idea about Four's motives and feelings. It's just a single chapter and depicts the knife-throwing scene from the book, but this time from his perspective accompanied by his thoughts and his past. It can be read free of charge - Goodreads links to Roth's Facebook page, but I got an error message from that link and found the story instead here.


Free Four
(Divergent #1.1)
by Veronica Roth

13 pages / published in 2012
Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2013


Next up was Assassin Study (Study #1.5) by Maria V. Snyder in which we follow Valek on a mission to save Yelena - and she has no idea. It takes place in between book 1 and 2 of the Studies series and it's basically just fan fodder. The events were even voted upon and picked by the readers as it was written. I've given it such a low rating, not because it was bad, it was alright, but because it was unnecessary. It doesn't add anything, it doesn't change how you see Valek (he's still a one dimensional super assassin ~ except now he has love in his heart wohoo). The book can be read for free at Snyder's website here.

Assassin Study (Study #1.5)by Maria V. Snyder
15 pages / published in 2008
Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2013

Kommentarer

  1. Congrats on a great readathon! Love the mini-reviews, and so impressed you posted them in the wee hours of the readathon!

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen