Percy Jackson and the Graphic Novel

After learning that he is the son of a mortal woman and Poseidon, god of the sea, twelve-year-old Percy is sent to a summer camp for demigods like himself, and joins his new friends on a quest to prevent a war between the gods.

I love the Percy Jackson books. I love the story, I love the characters, their development and the worldbuilding - you can read my full review of the first book right here - and all the other books by Rick Riordan here.

Why am I telling you this? To make you understand just how disappointed I was when I read the graphic novel and found that it was a weak watered down version of a great book. All the small details that make the big difference in the long run have been left out and we're left with the gist of the story - but without the explanations, the feelings or the general understanding of who, why or what the hell. And that's just a damn shame. I hope no one reads this rather than the actual books.

The illustrations/the art style is nice enough, but also rather generic and everybody was depicted as very... handsome. Nobody stood out, and I doubt I'd be able to identify any characters from a line up.

So all in all - :( very disappointed, very unsatisfied.


PERCY JACKSON AND THE LIGHTNING THIEF: THE GRAPHIC NOVEL
Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels #1
by Rick Riordan
ISBN13: 9780141335391
128 pages / Published in 2010

Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2015

Kommentarer

Send en kommentar

Lån løs på eReolen