Kick-Ass 3

Mark Millar and John Romita's mega-selling series returns for its final story! Hit-Girl is in jail, leaving Kick-Ass to lead the super hero team Justice Forever. But super heroes have been outlawed, leaving Kick-Ass to dodge both cops and some terrifying new foes! For the first time, Kick-Ass is beginning to have doubts. Is he in too deep to get out?

I'm rather baffled as to why I never reviewed Kick-Ass 2, but that won't mean I'll spare you from my review of the third book in the series.

Obviously these comic books are all about the action and the ass-kicking. We're not spared the gory details, the rough language or the explicit violence - come on, that's the core of it all. But in this third book there's also a story (mind you, there are also stories in the first two - in book 1, it's the origin of an unlikely superhero and book 2, it's.. I'm not actually quite sure, I just remember all the blood). In book 3 Kick-Ass is finding himself as he matures and discovers he might just not want to be a costumed vigilante any more.

And then there's blood.

I really enjoyed this final instalment and liked how they rounded off the characters' story lines. I love the style of the pictures/illustrations/drawings? and it's fast paced and fun to read - and definitely not for kids.





KICK-ASS 3
by Mark Millar & John Romita Jr.
ISBN13: 9781783290727
232 pages / Published in 2014

   
Review by Iben Jakobsen, BoB, 2015

Kommentarer

Lån løs på eReolen